Sunday, June 22, 2014

Sweater Weather

The start of Al's sweater!
While the temps have soared into the 90s here in Kansas the end of June means sweater time to me. For the last five years I have knit a sweater for the boys on their birthday. No matter that both of my sons were born during the summer, a tradition is a tradition!
So on Saturday I started Alex's sweater. I am not using the correct weight of yarn for the pattern so I'm hoping that it works out. :-/

Yesterday, I finally go to see Daryl play T-Ball! It was his third game but this is the first time I wasn't out of town. He did great! We celebrated with Pizza and then went to the pool. It was a great family day!

Alex has also had a milestone this week. The boys got a bunk bed earlier this month and on Thursday night Alex moved into Daryl's room! It is now the boys' room! You never know how a kid is going to react when you take them out of the crib and Alex cried a bit but then went to sleep on the first night.
Daryl was a little more traumatized than Alex was. Every night Daryl cries a little because Alex won't be quiet and keeps him up. But other than Alex finding his way to our room at 4am the first night they are doing good!
They are getting so big!!!
This is not Al's bed, this is my bed!


Daryl's new bunk bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment