Sunday, October 27, 2019

Ran a Thing, Wrote a Thing & Knit a Thing

I haven't blogged for awhile, and I've been a "little" busy. Last Saturday, I ran my first half marathon in three years! It rained almost the entire race, but I still enjoyed it. I did my training plan and I knew I could do it. It was the Kansas City Half Marathon and oh man, did it have hills! We climbed so much that the last mile was a downhill and my legs cramped almost immediately.

I am already planning on my next half. It is my perfect distance and the training is not impossible. I wasn't sure if I would make it back to running halves, but I did it! Now, I'm just going to work on my time. I wont' race again till next year. I do long runs, but I don't do cold!

Yesterday, a whole day early, I submitted my portfolio for graduation. It still has to be graded but that is out of my hands. I started my Master's program three and a half years ago, it was a long and hard journey. I'm ready to read for fun, not worry about writing papers on the weekend and spend that much more time at home and not in class.

The boys cheered for me when I said everything was in for my portfolio. They have gotten the short end of the stick of me going back to school. I'm looking forward to giving more of my time and attention to them!

When I was taking study breaks and sitting in conference this month, I also finished a hat! That is just the cherry on top of the sundae. It was a good month folks, a VERY good month!


Barley Light hat 

My writing corner for the last three weeks. I still need to put the books away....



1 comment: