Monday, April 16, 2018

Daryl and I Made Things!

A couple of weekends ago I got to go to the Dallas Fiber and Wool Festival with two of my best friends! I'd lost a lot of my knitting mojo in the past year and a half and this trip got it back!
I was really just going to get away with the girls, but I did find yarn and patterns that inspired me. I also got an Alpaca Cactus project bag!! It is now referred to as my Alpactus bag.

I started a mitts pattern with a lace design. This is the most concentration I've put into a knitting pattern and I love the result I'm getting. I look forward to getting my first mitt done, maybe this week!

On Sunday Daryl finished his second sewing project! He has another project meeting this week and I don't want his projects getting backed up on him. This pillow case will definitely go to the fair. I did not let him use it!

I will end with a funny Daryl story. I haven't recorded one in awhile. This one happened while we were in the car on the way to county 4-H council meeting. Daryl represents his club at the meetings.

Daryl- Mom is Shunga Valley Republican or Democrat?
Me- Neither
Daryl- Does the council have more Republican votes or more Democrat votes?
Me- Daryl there are no parties, it is not like that.
Daryl- Oh good, that means I don't have to vote with my party!
Me- Your party is your club!!!
Daryl's new pillow case! 


Where the Dallas Fiber and Wool Festival was. I'm glad I wasn't driving in Dallas! 

Alpactus! 

About half of my first mitt! 


No comments:

Post a Comment