Wednesday, February 7, 2018

The Alex Show

Last post was all about Daryl, and I meant to write this one just a few days later. But Alex has kept me on my toes these last few weeks, so his post had to wait.

Alberto ended January with a field trip to the Kansas History Museum for Kansas day. I got to go with him and be a parent helper. It was fun! Although he got real cranky when I was taking pictures. His favorite things were building towers, looking at rocks and sewing on a sewing machine. He also liked to stop at all the exhibits that had a movie playing.

The day after his field trip we also went to our first Washburn basketball game. The boys and girls lost both games, but the boys had fun, ate nachos, and we got free shirts. A win all the way around...well except for the actual games...awkward :-/

Lastly, all this time Alex was doing this weird thing where he was running a low temp every night, but waking up just fine. His temp started creeping up every night and he started complaining of headaches. It started Thursday night and when I would consider taking him to the doctor, he would be better.  However, Sunday night he was in a lot of pain, and couldn't even fall asleep. I was praying it wasn't the flu, and wishing I had taken him to urgent care over the weekend. I didn't think we were ER serious so I decided to just nurse him through Sunday night. He woke up still not feeling good on Monday so I took him to the doctor. Poor guy had a pretty bad inner ear infection :-(. He stayed home Tuesday too to recover, but was all better by Wednesday.

So we are all good again, and ready to rock and roll some more!

"Mom look a fossil!"

He was running the peddle. 

I was so surprised he wanted to take a picture with the mascot!

This was after his Dr. Apt. and he was finally getting some relief. Poor Baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment