Thursday, October 26, 2017

Parent Teacher Conferences

Last week I had Parent Teacher Conferences with both boys teachers. It should be no surprise that they are opposites in most things with school. Daryl exceeds in reading and struggles in math, Alex exceeds in math and it still working on all the sounds the letters make. Daryl is so caring for other students, sometimes that leads to him getting his feelings hurt. Alex is a social butterfly that is buddies with every student and teacher. Alex invites boys and girls over to his house to spend the night, he tells them to just find his house on Google!

Both boys got good reports, and are good listeners for their teachers. I'm so glad they listen to somebody!

One of my favorite parts of conference was reading Daryl's fiction story he wrote for class. I have copied it below! Looks like I'm not the only writer in the family! (There is no title but it is definitely a comedy turned tragedy. LOL)

This is the story of Daryl going to the pumpkin patch in 2017. We went to Germany for fall. Picking a pumpkin is going to be fun. The boat we took was a hotel. It took a long time to find a pumpkin! We got stuck in the mud and it was super wet. I got to go to the gift shop and I got a German coin and a pumpkin carver.

We adopted a dog that was low on heartbeats. The dog was a German shepherd. Then a tornado hit Germany. I dislocated my arm. And I also got hit by a pumpkin in my eye. And a car almost hit me. There was no shelter. The whole gift shop flipped over. I covered myself in pumpkins. 


The End

Oh Daryl!

Some pictures from our weekend exploring Topeka!








No comments:

Post a Comment