Monday, October 24, 2016

That time I Canceled our Internet and almost broke our family....

So, the blog has been a little quiet lately, and for good reason. Last Tuesday, I was tasked by Kelly to call Cox and get a better price because whatever promotion we had had expired. Getting good deals falls into my chores in our marriage.

So I call Jason at Cox. Yes, I'm using Jason's real name. He does the let me look at your account routine when I tell him, "I had been paying $107, then $117 and now it's $129, what can we do here Jason?"

He puts me on hold and I wait for about five minutes, while he probably went to the bathroom. Jason comes back with Great News! He added a couple of loyalty discounts and my new bill will be $149 a month!

"Ummmm, Jason, how is that good news? I told you I was paying $129 and I think that is too high."

Jason let me know, that he is a really good guy and my bill was going up again next month, I just didn't know it yet. The $149 was the best he could do.

So then in my best grade school teacher voice I say, "Jason, do you understand why I'm cancelling my service today? I called for a better price and you actually made my bill go up. Jason, do you see why I might not like that?"

Jason said, very curtly, that he understood and would cancel my service right away.

Oops.

Kelly let me know on his lunch break that we didn't have cable anymore, I said yay, I kinda lipped off to Jason and he shut off our TV. Kelly then let me know that our internet was gone too. Double oops! So tomorrow, one week after Jason tried to destroy my life, AT&T is hooking up our internet. We are going to try the TV streaming trend that all the young kids are doing these days. See how that works out.

So for the last week there has been no baseball playoffs at my house, and no tablet action for the boys. Mom has been blamed with eye rolls and exasperated sighs for an entire week.

Well played Jason, well played!

We did get to go to the homecoming football game this Saturday.
The Jayhawks gave away flags at the game that Alex instantly turned into a cape!
It was a pretty day, ugly football, but pretty day!

No comments:

Post a Comment