Sunday, January 3, 2016

2016 Here We Come!

My help at Jan. Jamboree registration! 
It is already day 3 of the New Year. I wish I had a better reason that I didn't write a blog post on January 1st but there has been a lot of napping going on around here. There has also been some wrestling matches in the bouncy house, football games on TV and 4-H fun to participate in. A busy three days!
We needed all the naps to recover from 2015. I don't like resolutions so I always set goals for the New Year. I'm happy to say that I met my running and reading goals from 2015. I did not make my knitting goals or Kelly and I's date night goals. When I informed Kelly that we only had five date nights and we planned for six he was surprised we had five! We will shoot for that one again!
So 2016 Goals:
6 Date Nights (Same as last year)
Read 16 Books (Four more than last year)
Knit 4 Sweaters (Same as last year)
and run 1000 miles (300 more than last year's goal but I actually ran over 800 miles)

Now that I have that in writing I will get on it first thing tomorrow! So far I've made good progress on a new book. But recharge was the name of the game this weekend. And when I'm not busy I get pretty good stories too.
Alex was playing with some action figures on the floor while we were all watching football. Sometimes Al is kind of hard to understand but the third time one of the guys told the other guy "What the hell are you doing?" we caught it! Let him know that is not a nice thing for his guys to say to each other. Since Daryl knows all the bad words and Alex will too we really stress not using them over where did you hear that? More practical in the long run. :-)


The bouncy house plays havoc with my hair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment