Sunday, September 27, 2026

HOCO 2026

It has been a busy week and I'm pulling the underclassman play into Homecoming activities. LOL! 

Last Friday and Saturday, Aaron had his Topeka High debut in 10 Ways to Survive the Zombie Apocalypse. He played Zombie number two and it was a funny and great play. I hope this is the first of many roles I get to watch him in. 

We rolled into spirit week for Homecoming and the kids participated in some days and ignored others as we prepped for the big game on Friday! Unfortunately due to rain, the homecoming parade was cancelled, but my friend Emily sent me a great video of the "running of the halls" and Daryl got to carry a sign for two of the HOCO candidates. So both Alex and Daryl were in the "parade"! 

Fortunately, the rain held off for the game and the band got to perform both pre game and with Alumni during halftime. Their show just keeps getting better and better. I accidently left my phone at home, so I didn't get any of Daryl's game outfit that turned out to be body paint instead of a shirt, as he gets the student crowd pumped up even in the face of a game defeat. :-(

On Saturday, Daryl, Alex and Aaron all attended the dance. But Aaron had Drivers Ed all day Saturday, so he got ready after Daryl and Alex. So with three kids going to the same place, they all had different timelines. Yay for Jeff and I, eyeroll. 

Alex met friends at the capitol for pictures and then had dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings, a brave choice for dress clothes! The dance was over at 11, so Jeff drew the short straw to pick them all up. It was a busy week but a fun one! So glad these kids are taking full advantage of their high school years. 

Looking sharp guys! 

Ready for their first high school dance!

The reason I love these kids, they did this on their own. 

Looking sharp even after spending all day prepping and taking his drivers ed test!

Aaron, crushing it in his first High School production!


No comments:

Post a Comment