When we started 2026, Jeff and I had three house projects in mind: a new fence, redoing our main-floor bathroom, and redoing the dining room. When I started looking at fences to decide what to put in, I found some lovely fences that were categorized as “custom.” I later found out that “custom” is another word for expensive!
But before I figured that out, I had already fallen in love with some metal panels that I wanted to use in our fence. Jeff did the math, and if we put them all around our backyard, one of the kids wasn’t going to college…so we compromised! I put them at the front and back of the fence, and we took the bathroom off the list!
I love how it turned out, and the company finished on Tuesday. On Saturday, we’re hauling off the rest of the debris in the backyard, and then it will be perfect. Yay, compromise!
Today, the 20th, is also Daryl’s 18th birthday! He’ll get his own post next week when I get to celebrate with him, but today I am officially the mom of an adult. (Legally speaking.) Time flies!
![]() |
| Just to show the debris that still has to go. But you can also see the "plain" sides of the fence are pretty too! |





No comments:
Post a Comment