Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Shawnee County Fair 2026 And End of Summer Ball

To round out July, I worked my 15th Shawnee County Fair, and the day after that Daryl had two nights of baseball for the end of his season. The fair was fun and we got two days of cool rainy weather and two brutally hot days. I wish we could have split the difference but you get what you get at the end of July. 

It was my second year as the Shopping In Style superintendent and I'm not sure how long I have been helping with the Archery meet. We had more youth in both this year! The only thing that was weird is this is the first time I didn't have a 4-H'er at the fair. The boys did not enroll this year and that is ok, it was just weird. Mom came and helped, so some things don't change! It is probably her 14th fair. LOL 

Daryl's Topeka High team won the league tournament and the league outright. Both games had their exciting parts and Daryl got hit by a pitch in both. It's a rough way to up your On Base average. This team was fun to watch and they are talking about making a fall ball team and have their awards ceremony on Sunday. Way to Go D! 

Today was the first day of T-High marching band camp and Alex and his trumpet were at the school bright and early. I will have a reason to go to all of the Football games this year, and I will get to leave after halftime. LOL Can't wait to see the show! 



That's a wrap until fall ball!

My first time presenting the Foundation Scholarship winners!

Pancake Feed




First day of Marching Band Camp


No comments:

Post a Comment