Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Camp Stories

Today was my first day back from 4-H camp. I think we had a successful camp this year with lots of happy youth all over the place. It's hard being the first camp of the summer but hopefully we worked out some bumps for everyone else.

This camp was extra special because it was Daryl's first year he could go to camp. He did a rookie camp session which is two days and one night.

Part of the camp experience is youth testing their independence having an away from home experience. This is kinda wrecked when your mom helps run camp. So I did the best I could to give Daryl lots of room and stay away from his living group.

I did get a few hugs before meals but other than that he did his own thing!
He loved it and said if he can have Trace and Elliot again next year for counselors he wants to go back!
Here are some of my favorite stories from camp I got today.


This happened when we were washing up for dinner:
Me-Daryl you need to use some soap.
Daryl-Well you don't have to use soap at camp!
(oops)


This happened this morning:
Me-Daryl did you like camp?
Daryl-Ya it was great!
Me-Do you have an idea now of what mommy does for work?
Daryl-Ya you hang out on the couches in the Air Conditioning.

Obviously he didn't see what I do at camp! 

Good night all, I need more sleep. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment