Monday, September 30, 2024

September Goal Check In

September was full of behind the scenes work at the house, shuttling Daryl to things and a one-week escape to California. It was a full and fun month! I did miss one long run so I didn't quite hit the 60 miles I wanted to this month. I'm going to blame plumbing problems that we had Saturday morning that had water backing into my bathroom from the hall bathroom. But in reality I should have had the run done hours before that happened. LOL The plumbers did come out on Saturday, cleared a clogged pipe and we were back in business! 

Read 18 Books 18/18  DONE! 

Got my last two books for the year done in September. I think this means my goal for 2025 should be 20. But I'm not going to stop reading this year, I'm just glad I keep track of this so I don't waste all of my free time watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix....

The Perfect Marriage by Jeneva Rose was a library book, and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Genre was mystery/thriller but it also had a few "steamy" parts. The pace was quick and the characters all had good angles that kept you guessing the entire time. Then the ending was just (Chef's Kiss) perfect. Highly recommend! If it wasn't a library book it would definitely be a keeper for the book shelf.  

What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty was a heartfelt fiction that had me wondering what I was doing 10-years ago for the entire book. Alice hits her head in the first chapter and lost ten years of memory. She was a newly wed and pregnant 10 years before. Her reality is three kids and in the process of divorce. It was so good. This was one of my books and will go on the shelf. I highly recommend this book too!  

Run 600 Miles 481/600

As previously mentioned I did not hit my monthly goal of 60 miles but I did add 55 to the yearly goal and I am in good shape to get my 600 miles this year! I will start October off strong with a half marathon the first Saturday.   

Monthly Healthy Habit ???  

I don't remember what my habit was....so that should tell you all you need to know about that! I'm going to try and cut back on sugar this month. I mean the month with the most candy, that should be doable! LOL 

2024 Money Goals:   

  • Replace Garage Door Replace Windows Done August 
  • Down payment on New Car (Done July) 
  • Pay Mortg. Principle down 4K Made a principle payment in September! 
  • Hit my Savings Goals for the year Made a savings deposit in September! Yay!   
  • The children are meshing well!

  • Daryl is enjoying the student section at T-High football games!

    One year anniversary cocktails!

    Got to see a band at Happy Basset on our 1 year anniversary! 🥰

     

No comments:

Post a Comment