Thursday, October 8, 2026

Spooky Month

 I am really excited that I decorated for Halloween by Oct. 3rd this year. The front porch and entryway are ready for the season! I also got some mums that should take us all the way through fall. 

The weather has been beautiful and that has really helped me get out in the morning and get my exercise in! I knew I hadn't missed any runs last week because my knees started to ache, so this week I took a couple of days off. LOL 

Yesterday, was Alex's first Marching Band festival. They will get a rating from the festival at Washburn University so that will be good feedback for them! At the awards ceremony they got one trophy for their percussion (IYKYK). Fellow 501 school Topeka West swept all of the award categories. So, if my 501 school can't be the outstanding band of the night, I'm glad it was our 501 neighbor! 

Jeff was out of town for a work conference this week but made it home in time to go watch marching bands, I will be out the next two weeks for work conferences and am relieved he will be keeping the home front taken care of. October is usually a blur and this one will be no exception. Ready, set, go! 

















No comments:

Post a Comment